Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Croatia through the eyes of Lomography


I didn't leave Australia without my Diana Mini 35mm Lomography Camera (but little did I know that I'd have to wait until I returned to Australia before I could develop any of the film). I fell in love with lomography cameras since being introduced to them by a couple of my high school friends, who are also great lovers of art, travel and photography. I adore the other worldly and 'old-school' aesthetic of the photographic prints. They have a quality which evades and cannot be replicated by digital cameras, although the iPhone Hipstamatic App does attempt to challenge 'true' lomography. And although it's far from the real deal, it does give lomography a decent run for its money.

The act of photography is somehow more tactile, more exciting. There isn't that instant gratification we get from digital photography. In a world of instantaneous results, it's nice to take a step backwards, be patient, relax, enjoy the moment and not get caught up in it all. Thinking about it, life in Dalmatia has many similarities to lomography...

So I was the weird Australika (Australian girl) in Tisno taking photographs with this little blue and black plastic camera, which is about the size of a small box of jelly belly jelly beans. And here are some of my results.






























No comments:

Post a Comment